Monday, July 23

Bugs! [Wednesday, July 18]

After an uneventful morning at HU I went over to iEARN - I'm continually amazed by the students at there. I brought to iEARN an Apple iBook that was donated by a friend back home at Sewanee, and despite these students never using a mac in the past, they've managed to do things with that computer I never thought possible - although most of the time they're just playing Bugdom, a game they found on their own, as I simply set it up in the corner without showing them how to use it, which hasn't hindered them at all. (I can't get too upset at them for playing games, as I played the same game back in middle school during computer class...I think they've beat my high score already.)

The number of functioning computers has been decaying the entire summer, so Nam, a South Korean volunteering at iEARN, and I are attempting to repair a few of them, but without much success.

After an exciting day working at the center, I returned to the YMCA and cleaned my room a bit. A family of roaches moved into my suitcase and they scurry about whenever I disturb them. At first I attempted to fight the invaders, but there's been so much conflict in this country already I figured I could just let the little insects live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home