Wednesday, June 13

"Paul can't dance"

Tuesday, 12 June
Aunt Jennie insisted that we eat before going to work, so after a bread, sardine, and tea breakfast, we took a taxi - upholstered with a turtle shower curtain - with Moses to the center. My students showed up - on time! - and I sent the budding photographers out with the assignment of "People at work and play." We then went to lunch at Marianella and afterwards Sara had her first "I am" identity project session, which is shaping up to be quite interesting. I had my afternoon session at 4:15 (after an enjoyableFanta), which also started on time - I've posted a big schedule on the wall, and if you aren't on time, you don't get to take pictures, which seems to be encouraging some timeliness. Moses has decided that I have no dancing skills whatsoever after our trip to Paddy's, so he went around the center all day imitating how I apparently dance. It was quite amusing...

Hungry but tired of rice and fish, we went with Amanda to Family Kingdom in Aberdeen where they have an actual menu, a covered outdoor dining area, flushing toilets, and the latest celebrity gossip from the US on CNN. I ordered a cheeseburger as the entrees are all rather expensive at 30,000+ Le and was not disappointed. Here they put cucumbers on sandwiches. It's great. Anyways, we spent a relaxing few hours in Aberdeen ("the village that never sleeps" - Paddy's is just down the road), an area which could easily be mistaken for a tourist destination in Europe or the US. We eventually went back to town where we dropped off Amanda at the Y before going home to Wilberforce. Our taxi driver returning from Aberdeen was hilarious - he was listening to all the recent British hits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home